This is a temporary cosmetic makeover until we are able to do my dream renovation in the future. We'll be using lots of chalk paint to "upcycle" various pieces, accessories, and floors. "Shiplap" will be used in several rooms to add interest. BTW-we were using shiplap before Chip and Joanna made it so popular on FIxer Upper, LOL. We used it in several rooms back in 2008 when we renovated Cobbler Cottage. (see my other blog-"Home Renovation-Watch The Progress")
Thursday, January 26, 2017
THE BASEMENT IS FINISHED!!!!
I'm so excited! We're in the homestretch of our makeover project!!! We can now add the family room, office and stairway to the list of completed projects.
The office just might now be my favorite room in the house. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!!
Randy had previously built the desk area from stock cabinets I had already painted them the trim color, and then distressed them. We added the leftover faux stone wallpaper (from the dining room project) to the backsplash. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out!
The wallpaper looks soooo real! (even close up!)
I bought a new counter height chair, which I also LOVE!
We painted all of the basement walls the same color as we used upstairs. Interestingly, every room looks different.
We added shiplap to the outer wall.
The family room took a little longer than I anticipated. We painted and added shiplap to the staircase & fireplace wall.
We added shiplap to the staircase and once again painted the wall color to match the rest of the house. We also painted the stair treads and handrails black.
One of the most exciting parts of this project was that Randy hid all of my cords for the fireplace!
When I looked back at the fireplace wall from the seating area, I thought everything looked great. However, the view looking into the seating area still seemed a little boring to me. I decided to add the "wood plank" mural to the wall opposite the fireplace to add interest.
This is the view coming coming down the stairs. The sunroom will still get a little mini makeover in the spring when we can take all the plants back outside.
The new chandelier in the stairway came completely unassembled. I literally had to put the thing together from scratch. I was so proud of myself when it actually worked! I got it for a great price, so it was totally worth the time I spent putting it together.
By the way, I think the last time I signed off I said the master bedroom and bathroom was our next project. As you can see, we decided to tackle this first. This time I really mean it, LOL. :)